Let's Build a System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrbigles

Reaction score
Hey guys. Been racking my brain with speaker and amp questions and numbers the last month and finally have given up.

So, I'm going to ask for everyones help/opinion.

I have a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X792 head unit and would like to put a Kicker 07TCVT10-4 in the back as my sub.

Now, from there, what speakers would you put in the doors & why. (Do you choose them for some bottom or just for the highs.. etc)

What amps would you use for both the doors and the sub.

Sorry for such a generic start, but, I have been away from this stuff for so long that I don't want to wind up buying something I'll regret.

Thanks

Doggworld1233

Reaction score
if it was mine i would put infinity 60.9cs in the ft doors. 62.91IS in the rear door. then i would replace the factory 4x10 with a 6x9.. 692.7l... picture of the pods with a 6.5(http://tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=11150)... i would use infinity 4channel 7541A... as for a bass amp i would prob use a kicker zx450.2 or a powerbass ASA 400.2...

i use infinity in all my cars... for the money some of the best sounding speakers.. the 4 channel is a great amp i never have problems with them.... i carry powerbass in my store and i have never had a problem with any of there amps....

tahoebrotha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm using used MB quart speakers in all my doors and I love em. They sound great for the money as well, just like the infinitys. Actually, CDT audio has some great deals on ebay right now and though I haven't seem them in action, they seem like real nice high end speakers with quality components. Just look up CDT audio on ebay and do some research. If I could go back, I would have used these speakers instead.

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My setup:
Infinity 6020cs (front doors/tweeters)
Infinity 6022i (rear doors)
Infinity Kappa 104.7w 10" sub
Rockford Fosgate POWER-1000 amp

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it was mine i would put infinity 60.9cs in the ft doors. 62.91IS in the rear door. then i would replace the factory 4x10 with a 6x9.. 692.7l... picture of the pods with a 6.5(http://tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=11150)... i would use infinity 4channel 7541A... as for a bass amp i would prob use a kicker zx450.2 or a powerbass ASA 400.2...

i use infinity in all my cars... for the money some of the best sounding speakers.. the 4 channel is a great amp i never have problems with them.... i carry powerbass in my store and i have never had a problem with any of there amps....

what he said...
Powerbass amps are the $h!t

Backon4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished my 95 4 door yukon last night. I went with kicker ks4100 4x10's for the rear (diect bolt in) and 2 sets of ds650 for the doors. I am running a kicker zx350 to push 2 cvt 8's under the rear seat. I ended up just using the head unit to push the doors and rear just so I woldn't have to run all new wires and extra rca's and the rest. I mounted the zx350.2 under the front passenger seat. Still have the subs to put in but the doors and rears sound great with the flip out dvd I had installed previously. I will get some pics on tuesday when the subs get here.

mrbigles

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses guys!! Good to see some of the speakers I was thinking about appear on the list. I'll get lists when I get it all together.

Thanks again!