2008 GMC Yukon 2WD: Air suspension or lowering kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iwaslowr

Reaction score
Which would you do and from which company? The last thing I want is to be disappointed in ride quality and would really enjoy not being limited on how low I can drive or park. Airbags have been great on my other vehicle. I'm considering a kelderman.com kit or perhaps having a custom setup built through Ekstensive Metalworks or another company. There are posts on here about using spindles versus coils alone but my concern is rubbing the wheels on the suspension components if spindles are used. Does anyone have 26" wheels on a lowered setup or bagged? Larger brakes are something I must also consider when making this decision.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eibach, Pedders, Belltech and Ground Force kits ride REAL good and if you look around online you'll see the sme reviews. I don't suggest Kelderman on the Tahoe because its expensive as hell. If you want to do 26" wheels I suggest a kit that does not lower your rear adn front more than 2", basically any 2/2 kit or smaller will stop horrible rubbing issues for you.
A nice example of how much lower the Eibach kit will take you is Rob Dyrdek'd Tahoe from Rob and Big, it has an Eibach kit on 24" wheels.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=475979

http://chevroletforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7372

NASTY GM

Reaction score
I wish I would have went air ride. I have 26's and lowered with Bell Tech 2" spindles and cut a 1/4 of a stock coil off. The rear is lowered with Bell Tech 4" springs. I trimmed a lot of the plastic inner fender wells. I still have a little rubbing, but it's just plastic. The ride is not bad with the spindles. My rear is 1" from the modified bump stop. So when I hit a bump the rear bounces off the stop. Again no biggie as I'm use to driving slammed vehicles.

k5chevyblazer

Reaction score
bringing this back up. I want to bag my Tahoe. I'd like to be able to do 3 levels of height. stock height for the wife. 2/3 drop when i drive it. and all the way down when parked.

i don't want to sacrifice ride quality. does anyone make a nice kit?