stock audio weak.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1stimeyukon

Reaction score
is it just my yukon but the stock speakers in the rear dont sound like theyre being used. people in the back have a hard time hearing the radio when its loud up front. and ive tried adjusting the fade from front to rear and it works but that means the front speakers have nothing coming out. is it just the crappy quality speakers? or is there something wrong? also i dont have the bose system

NASTY GM

Reaction score
The stock system is weak! I first added a 15" sub and amp. It still didn't sound good. I just replaced the entire system :yesnod:

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very weak. I said the same thing about the rear speakers, so when I go to turn it up it sounds crappy in the front. I'm thinking about taking the factory door speakers out and up grading them. I want to put my Kicker L7 in there but my Tahoe is my work truck.

GMz71

Reaction score
Are they the bose? or the other...not sure what the other make is though. I have the bose, and I personally think they are pretty loud. But then again, Im not a big audio person.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bose or not the 07-Up system are nt quality at all and sound horrible.
Aftermarket HU and speakers/subs are the best way to go!

MDTAHOE1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my head unit and rear door speakers with apline. I still can not hear them. I think they are just in a bad spot for acoustics

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my head unit and rear door speakers with apline. I still can not hear them. I think they are just in a bad spot for acoustics

Most of the time you aren't going to get great sound out of using the built in amp in an aftermarket head unit. To get great sound you are going to need an aftermarket amp for your speakers.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it just my yukon but the stock speakers in the rear dont sound like theyre being used. people in the back have a hard time hearing the radio when its loud up front. and ive tried adjusting the fade from front to rear and it works but that means the front speakers have nothing coming out. is it just the crappy quality speakers? or is there something wrong? also i dont have the bose system

The stock speakers are crappy. I replaced my front ones and unhooked the rear ones, as I rarely have anybody back there. If you want good sound you should replace them all and add an amp to power them.

Gruson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well said Gambler,

I also replaced the amp, speakers, and sub.

Running Alpine PDX amp, Type X Pros, and JL Audio Stealth sub.

Great sounding set up now.