AC doesn't work in front, does in rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonSS

Reaction score
I have an 05 Yukon with 3rd row seats and rear air. All of a sudden my AC doesn't work up front...blows HOT ...like I have the heater on...but the rear vents blow cool. What gives? Still under warranty...but was wondering what was going on.----YukonSS

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 05 Yukon with 3rd row seats and rear air. All of a sudden my AC doesn't work up front...blows HOT ...like I have the heater on...but the rear vents blow cool. What gives? Still under warranty...but was wondering what was going on.----YukonSS

From what I understand these trucks have two seperate a/c units one front and one for the rear,so yes it is possible two have problems with the front or rear.Good luck on the fix:)

RonH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's only one compressor. It supplies the cooling air for both units. It sounds as if your A/C is working, but a door that direct air in the front ducting is not functioning properly. Probably a motor that controls a door is out.