96 tahoe lift question. any full size chevy lift work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justin9844

Reaction score
ok i can get a 6inch suspension lift locally he said it came off a 1500 full size chevy. will this work with my 96 tahoe or are there differences. i can get really cheap. 400 bux. thanks in advance.

96fleetwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are differences in the wheelbase, I know Pro Comp sells a different kit for each model because of that.

justin9844

Reaction score
k i was lookin around at lifts and alot say for tahoe and suburban add part # 89500 from what i can tell that is upper and lower control arm drop brackets thats the only diff i can find in kits for 1500 chevy's. also 96fleetwood were did u get your flares from im lookin for some and like yours. thanks

96fleetwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That makes sense, you could probably sell the ones for the truck and just buy the corresponding Tahoe part.

They came with my Tahoe, but they are 3 inch fender flares and not painted.

justin9844

Reaction score
yeah there nice. i want some 3inch ones. want to get them painted or like a rhino lined along with the lower 6inches of the truck done like that. have any problems with them at all like holding in water or anything.