4 channel amp question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tdubslug

Reaction score
Alright i bought a 4 channel 1800 crunch amplifier but im not sure how to wire it completley...ive installed amps before but my question is that how do you run 2 seperate rca jacks that are on the input for the amp..one set for channels 1/2 and the other set is for channels 3/4...i am bridging both sets of channels to run 2 10" solo baric L5s... but there is only one subwoofer rca output on the back of the deck...is it possible to just split the subwoofer rca out of the deck and then plug in all four into the amp from the same source? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you running it for subs or mids and highs?
typically you would run a front and rear set of rcas and run you mids and highs accordingly so that your bal/fad still work.

tahoebrotha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can probably get y adapters and go with that for your two rca sets. Or, you can buy my panasonic HU with 3 sets of 4 volt preouts for $60 shipped. (Shameless plug)

Backon4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be able to run the 1 set into the A input and set the switches to run off the one input.

ColaCanyon

Reaction score
Just run some rca Y adapters. Run the one set of RCAs to the rear as usual then used two set of Y splitters so you have two sets of inputs for the amp.

tdubslug

Reaction score
cool...thats kinda what i was thinkin had to be done after i stared at it for a few hours but then one idea popped into my head last night...the amp has one set of rca outpts to make for easy daisy chaining if you ever add another amplifier...could you just run a short rca from the output rca's on the amp the the input on the amp?

Backon4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried finding a manual on it but can't It says it is bridgable to 2 channels on the website so there should be a way to set it up with just one set of rca's

tdubslug

Reaction score
one set of rca's is for channels 1 and 2 and the other set is for channels 3 and 4 so you have to have two sets of rca going into it....its no big deal though....rockford fosgate makes pretty nice rca y splits they were only like 6 or 7 dollars a peice so its gonna work out....thanks for everyones help!!!

tdubslug

Reaction score
now i have a wiring problem with my amp to my speakers. 2 subwoofers both DVC 4ohms and a 4 channel amp that is stable at 4 ohms bridged which is a problem im told. so one solution i read about is running wire straight from each voice coil to each seperate channel. Is this legit or what i have no idea so any input on how to do this other than buying a different amp would be awesome.

Doggworld1233

Reaction score
not recommended but u could use just one vc on the amp or what i would do is run your ft doors on channels 1 n 2... then just use the rear channels for ur subs....

Backon4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DO NOT DO THIS!!!! Amps will vary from channel to channel and have very small differences in delay. It leads to premature woofer failure and will add distortion to the sysytem. The only time this is recomended is in pure competition systems where you are not worried about sq.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DO NOT DO THIS!!!! Amps will vary from channel to channel and have very small differences in delay. It leads to premature woofer failure and will add distortion to the sysytem. The only time this is recomended is in pure competition systems where you are not worried about sq.

you are aware that channels 1 and 2 go together and 3 and 4 are together. its basically 2 2 channels put together.
you can run fronts on one and subs on another. i've done it before with no premature woofer failure...

now back on topic, are they dual 4 ohm or single 4 ohm? you could series to 8 ohm if you want, but it would cut back on the power.