What is Best lowering kit 2/3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonnyenglish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll let you know on Monday Im installing my Pedders sport II this weekend.
Ive used the Mcgaughys spindle 2/3 drop kit on my old silverado SS while it looked good and kept the ride very much the same as stock I did lose some carrying capacity and the rear did bottom out all the time it was an silverado though not an SUV, FYI.
Jonnyenglish

NASTY GM

Reaction score
Any kit with spindles. Spindles ride much nicer than springs.

ts99v6

Reaction score
Any kit with spindles. Spindles ride much nicer than springs.

I've never done spindles but I don't see how anything could ride nicer than the Pedders kit. It rides just like the stock suspension but with no body roll in the corners. I can see if you just replace the springs the ride might not be as good. The pedders kit comes with springs, struts, shocks, endlinks and bushings. So it pretty much replaces everything. I was planning on getting the Mcgaughys spindle 2/3 drop kit until I did more research.

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vote Mcguaghy's. (Spindles and springs).

55belairtim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would have to say mcgaughys, i have installed over 50 of these kits ranging from the 2000 up body series, i have never installed one where the guy brought it back complaing of the ride quality. for a note if your lowering the tahoe for your wife, dont ever do a 3/5 kit. i always tell my customers that the wife wont like it youll end up going 2/3 and id say of the guys who ignored me 75% of them ended up changing to 2/3