2007 tahoe xm radio question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tech2

Reaction score
good morning. we recently got rid of my wifes 07 h3. we bought an 07 tahoe. she had xm in the hummer and we are trying to move her account over to the tahoe but we cant figure out how to get the number xm needs to get us up and running. she is looking for the sticker when the truck was purchased to see if xm is on there. there is a CAT button on the radio that says its an xm feature, could this radio just not be xm capable? thank you for helping us out

truck is great. i had an 04 and this 07 blew me away. great truck!!

tech2

Reaction score
im at work so im working off memory but i believe we tried hitting the "band" button. it only goes fm/am/fm/am, it doesnt click over to XM. in my 07 silverado when i hit band it goes fm/am then xm.

06Evolved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem, but Stargazer is correct....tune the XM to channel 0 to get the ID. You have to use the tuner knob to get to channel 0.

tech2

Reaction score
I had the same problem, but Stargazer is correct....tune the XM to channel 0 to get the ID. You have to use the tuner knob to get to channel 0.

how do i get it to xm so i can turn it to channel 0?

06Evolved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it sounds like it is XM ready, but may not have the antenna and what not. is that possible? a lot of decks say XM, but you still have to put in the antenna and box.