How long do they really last

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JC150

Reaction score
i'm thinking about purhasing an 04 tahoe LT. it's a really great looking suv without a ding or scrath, but the only thing that worries me is the millage on it...85k!!! should i stay away because of the millage? i'm getting a really great deal that fits in my budget and an extra warranty for 5 years through the dealership. what do you guys think? any opinions would be great...

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can find another '04 Tahoe LT with less miles. Trust me!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Seems like 85k miles is a lot for an 04. My 01 has almost 10k less than that. I'd keep looking, just to see what else is out there. You should be able to find another nice one w/less miles. But if you're set on the truck and feel right about it, go ahead. And if it fits your budget just right and you get another 5 year warranty, I'd take that into consideration also.
They are nice dependable trucks. And with no scratches and dings on the one you're looking at, those are almost sure signs that the previous owner took care of it.

JC150

Reaction score
They are nice dependable trucks. And with no scratches and dings on the one you're looking at, those are almost sure signs that the previous owner took care of it.

i did a carfax check and everything came out clear. and i'm having a buddy of mine come check it out w/ me tomorrow (spare time mechanic) to give me his two cents about it. i've been on other sites, chevy truck world, chevy forum...ect and all have said that they will last a long time as long as it has been properly maintained...so we'll see what the out come will be. decisions, decisions...i've been looking for a long time and this is the one that finally fits my budgets...hmmmm what to do:confused:

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, durability is my biggest concern on the GM SUVs. I heard a lot of Gm rigs falling apart from 100k onwards. This is still a long way ahead but my feeling is that my rock-solid 2005 F-250 lasts longer than my two 2007 GMs who doesn't seem to be as rigid as the Ford. Time will tell.

Jim

McLoki

Reaction score
i'm thinking about purhasing an 04 tahoe LT. it's a really great looking suv without a ding or scrath, but the only thing that worries me is the millage on it...85k!!! should i stay away because of the millage?
We just purchased an 01 tahoe with 111,000 miles on it. The price was right and it seemed to be in good condition. While looking we saw many tahoe/suburban/Yukons for sale with over 200K on them. Based on that and the fact that the 01 would not be a primary vehicle for us - we purchased it with confidence.

At 85k I am sure there will be some maint. items that will have to be looked at. (breaks, tires, trans fluid - maybe even an alternator or water pump) If this doesn't scare you off - purchase it with confidence. If you need something dead reliable all the time - I suggest you save your pennies for something new with a warrantee....

Michael

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just around the corner there is a *new* used Tahoe. Guess a 2004 / 2005 model. Looks damn good, even better than my two new 07 SUVs. On a closer look there was nothing wrong with this rig. But that's just from the outside not knowing the odometer reading. So if you look around you certainly find what you want and there are a lot of 'hoes on the market.

Jim

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just around the corner there is a *new* used Tahoe. Guess a 2004 / 2005 model. Looks damn good, even better than my two new 07 SUVs. On a closer look there was nothing wrong with this rig. But that's just from the outside not knowing the odometer reading. So if you look around you certainly find what you want and there are a lot of 'hoes on the market.

Jim

Off-topic....Do you post on GMI?

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, durability is my biggest concern on the GM SUVs. I heard a lot of Gm rigs falling apart from 100k onwards. This is still a long way ahead but my feeling is that my rock-solid 2005 F-250 lasts longer than my two 2007 GMs who doesn't seem to be as rigid as the Ford. Time will tell.

Jim

Ford has great trucks too my dad use to own a F-150. :cool:

JC150

Reaction score
Well i did it. i picked up the tahoe yesterday. and it came with a 5 year/100k mile warranty. i'm glad i did it...couldn't be any happier:clapping: i guess that means i gotta post pics now:thumbsup:

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i did it. i picked up the tahoe yesterday. and it came with a 5 year/100k mile warranty. i'm glad i did it...couldn't be any happier:clapping: i guess that means i gotta post pics now:thumbsup:

Congrats buddy.. :thumbsup:

Roody

Reaction score
Our '04 Z71 had had a ton of problems. It has 75,000 miles on it now.