water leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

poppazuti

Reaction score
Just bought an 02 Tahoe LS and have noticed that after longer drives (80+ miles) that water either leaks from a vent(?) behind the right rear tire or from another vent underneath the engine. Anyone else have this problem or a solution? It's a fair amount of water (not antifreeze) and a little unsettling being that I've only had it for two days. I did take it overnight from the dealer and drove at least 60 miles (multiple outings) before purchasing and didn't notice it before. Any help/suggestions appreciated.

BuckyT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is typically a certain amount of water that condenses on the AC unit. It always drips as you drive along but when you stop after a decent drive with the AC running, the unit warms and the condensate drips to the ground.

It's like the sweat that forms on a cold drink on a hot summer day.

Try a drive without the AC on and it shouldn't drip.

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would guess you have the rear a/c on ,these trucks have two seperate units front and rear for the a/c. Turn off the the rear a/c and see if it stops just use the front a/c or off for awhile,thats the only thing I can think of is condensation off the rear a/c unit lines.