24's rubbing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigsexy408

Reaction score
i noticed today when i picked up my new set of 24's that the tires rub slightly on the front of the wheel well when the wheel is turned all the way , is this normal, should i cut the plastic? also i was thinking about 2/3 inch drop spindles from mcgaughys will this make it rub more? thanks in advance

55belairtim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what size tire.
my tahoe had 24s with 285/35 and it was droped 3/5 and had innerfender rub.

1star2

Reaction score
Mine rubs on the inside of the fender too. Only about 3/4 from full turn, when I turn it all the way it doesn't rub. It seems to only do this more when turning left, not so bad turning right. I have 26" wheels.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 22's rub on turns and hard dips. My truck is lowered 3/5. Your truck will rub more with the drop. Look at your fender liners and see where it is rubbing, and just trim it back

bigsexy408

Reaction score
Mine rubs on the inside of the fender too. Only about 3/4 from full turn, when I turn it all the way it doesn't rub. It seems to only do this more when turning left, not so bad turning right. I have 26" wheels.

i almost bought 6's for my hoe but i didnt want to have to cut my fender wells when i lower it.

cut fenderwells = ghetto

Last edited:

NJ04HOE

Reaction score
305/35/24

I had the same size tires when I had my 24's....The rubbing is not a big deal it's actually the tire scraping on the bottom edge of the plastic inner fender. What I did was I poked a small hole in the plastic and ran a zip tie thru it and pulled it back out of the way and no more rubbing..(It's been so long ago I don't remember exactly what I zipped it to but you'll see when if you try it)

Don't worry it will not be visible you can even find black zip ties to make sure, I don't even have my 24's anymore and I just left it like that.

m0bmentality

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i remember when i was a kid..

if it wasnt rubbing it wasnt low enough!!!

mr. yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
might i suggest using a heat gun(not hair dryer) to remold where it is rubbing. another trick is to drill 2 holes and pull it back with zip ties. i was able to fit 325/35/26's on a escalade that way. i also must add we had to space the wheels that already had +42mm offset another 1/2 inch because it rubbed frame with the wheels turned just a little.