Taillights OUT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon6127

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 99 Tahoe and the day time running lights are on and my brake lights work. When i turn the lights on however, the headlights work as normal but i have no taillights. I have checked them and the bulbs are ok. I have checked all fuses and they seem to be ok as well. Anyone have any idea's where else to look. This is somewhat concerning because i cant drive at night without any taillights. Thanks, Brandon

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem, and it was becuase the printed circuit board in the taillight assembly itself was corroded. maybe look at that and see if the shiney stuff is all spotted and peeling.
hope that maybe can help you out.

Pete:rolleyes:

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On many vehicles, the dash lights and tail lights are on the same circuit. Do your dash lights work?

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem. It was the printed circuit board (aka backplane)

I had corrosion on one. I had to replace it. My friend worked at a Chevy dealer and they had them for about $75 each. I went to Autozone and picked one up made by HELP! It works, but the fit wasn't like the original. But for about $35 for both, I'll make it work.

Hope this helps.

Hardwarz