best aftermarket radio??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darkman104

Reaction score
I want to replace the indash 6 disk changer in my 03 tahoe. Anyone out there who has a suggestion on what radio might match up best for this? I'd like something preferably with satellite radio and Nav ready. Any suggestions?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Not sure of your budget, but a double DIN unit such as the Pioneer AVIC D3 would go nice in there. It's a touch screen unit with navigation, DVD, XM and Sirius capability, and will control and charge your Ipod with the optional Ipod cable interface. I just installed this unit into a customer's 03 Yukon the other day. He wanted both XM and Sirius services, Ipod, and a reverse camera installed also. It's a nice unit and is very popular in my area. You can shop around and should be able to find this unit for under $1000.
FYI, you are going to need a Class II Databus interface wiring harness to install any aftermarket radio into your Tahoe (applies to all 03-up GM trucks). These get pricey, especially if you have Bose and/or want to retain your On-Star.

mjbradeis

Reaction score
I too wanted the Nav system, I got the Kenwood DNX7100 it is a Garmin based nav system, I went with the Sirius versus XM (Need my NFL Channel). Was able to keep my steering wheel controls, and added the bluetooth feature, and IPod Connection. Only thing I could not talk my wife into was the back up camera. It is pricey but I like it.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-aIH6RDRM4Pr/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=182350&I=113DNX7100

EL_OCHO

Reaction score
I too wanted the Nav system, I got the Kenwood DNX7100 it is a Garmin based nav system, I went with the Sirius versus XM (Need my NFL Channel). Was able to keep my steering wheel controls, and added the bluetooth feature, and IPod Connection. Only thing I could not talk my wife into was the back up camera. It is pricey but I like it.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-aIH6RDRM4Pr/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=182350&I=113DNX7100

How are the steering wheel controls? Do they function the same as before? Do you have the On-Star integrated as well? I have been considering going Kenwood and using PAC accessories to integrate into existing configuration. Any input would be great.:)

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
The steering wheel controls will function just like before with most aftermatket brand name units as long as you use a steering wheel control interface like the PAC or Peripheral interface.

mjbradeis

Reaction score
How are the steering wheel controls? Do they function the same as before? Do you have the On-Star integrated as well? I have been considering going Kenwood and using PAC accessories to integrate into existing configuration. Any input would be great.:)

Yeah they work great. On Star still works same as before.