new to the site

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slmmdgmc

Reaction score
i just dropped my 02 yukon.

i just got my hands on a 02 cummings 5.9l and trans. thinking about putting a desiel in my yukon. has anyone ever done this before?????

this weekend im going to pull my body off of the frame and finish the air suspension.

a few things i need

all the panels from the C Pillar back.. the rear door panels.. i have a the split door not the tail gate. also need the rear trim for the rear of the cab under the rear glass next to where the third row seat goes.

here are some pics

let me know what u think

Attachments

• yukon1.jpg
    yukon1.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 55
  • yukon2.jpg
    yukon2.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 54
  • yukon3.jpg
    yukon3.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 53
  • yukon4.jpg
    yukon4.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 53

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are going to have alot of work ahead of you. cummins FTW!! Keep us posted will be a interesting swap

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Welcome! Man, I've been toying around with the idea of bagging mine, but I'd have to go with a different set of wheels or mod the fenderwells so I can tuck the wheels. I'll probably just wait until I'm ready to repaint the entire truck and just widen the fenders enough to tuck. Did you keep the frame and floor stock?
Post some progress pics as you go along. Looks like a cool project:beerchug:.

slmmdgmc

Reaction score
i had to modify the crossmember under the oil pan. it is now a plate. the rear is c-notched, tubbed the rear quaters. four linked the rear end. i haven't body dropped it yet but i might if i decide to do the engine swap. the front fender wells are cut and the firewall is cut also.. it will fit 22's no problem aired out. its not low enough for me yet. im thinking about 3.5" body drop next... i might just move the body mounts down enough to take the gap out between the body and frame. i have about 1.5"s from body to ground clearence. i also moved the fuel tank to the rear from the inside of the frame. the floor in the rear is rasied 4" to have enough room for the aluminum fuel cell.

the engine swap isnt my main concern.. i measured it out and i have enough room for the cummings to fit. i have to decide if i want to put aftermarket gauges in the dash and hope i can make all the electronics work and keep it clean and factory looking.