Body Drop Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m0bmentality

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to find a stock floor body drop frame set for a yukon.. anyone know which way to point me?

slmmdgmc

Reaction score
im going to relocate my factory body mounts.. this is done by cutting the mounts off the frame and repositioning them about 2" lower to take the fill the gap between the body and frame. remember u have to do the same with the front core support... i will post pics of how i did mine when i get done. i have done this on older trucks but not anything new. i may not work but im going to try.

m0bmentality

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im going to relocate my factory body mounts.. this is done by cutting the mounts off the frame and repositioning them about 2" lower to take the fill the gap between the body and frame. remember u have to do the same with the front core support... i will post pics of how i did mine when i get done. i have done this on older trucks but not anything new. i may not work but im going to try.

word yea that sounds way easier than doing a real drop... i was thinking of doing s frame off and cutting the frame in half horizontally . paking a tube frame into it and boxing it back in... but its only going to give me 3 or 4 inches that way.. so if your way will pull 2.. then **** all that work for one more inch

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not worth the effort unless you chop it proper. When my truck is paid and my house is furnished I'll build a new frame and body drop my sh*t 4.5". I know JK bought some 1" kit off some dude on craigslist but I'd imagine you could coerce an inch or two just from modifying the stockers. I think s10 blazer mounts are the same diameter but 1" shorter, no solid intel on that yet but I am slightly interested. Small body drop really isn't worth my time when spindles and springs are cheaper and far easier to install.

m0bmentality

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not worth the effort unless you chop it proper. When my truck is paid and my house is furnished I'll build a new frame and body drop my sh*t 4.5". I know JK bought some 1" kit off some dude on craigslist but I'd imagine you could coerce an inch or two just from modifying the stockers. I think s10 blazer mounts are the same diameter but 1" shorter, no solid intel on that yet but I am slightly interested. Small body drop really isn't worth my time when spindles and springs are cheaper and far easier to install.

Well obviously i wasnt doing a body drop without a drop.. it already has 3 inch lower control arms and the keys are turned down an inch + and it hass oblong bolts (camber kit) and the rear has the hardware kit , drop shocks , relocaters and a 5 inch spring with no isolaters and the free travel mod.

Its 4.5/6 from stock and still too damn tall

Next step is spindles and bags...

Then the body drop..

Truck is paid for.. house is furnished.. 2 more inches without effecting suspension travel and letting me lay it out sounds fun

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you'll be happy with spindles and bags, then buy a front clip and build an ill suspension and transfer it over. I'd love to see one of these trucks bagged and chopped on some 24s laying hard as fvck.

m0bmentality

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you'll be happy with spindles and bags, then buy a front clip and build an ill suspension and transfer it over. I'd love to see one of these trucks bagged and chopped on some 24s laying hard as fvck.

Dude i wanna chop it soooo bad.. you have no idea.. not too hard.. like.. where you think it MIGHT be stock.. but something must be up..

full suspension... 2 inch body drop 2 1/2 on the roof.. maybe shave the roof fins and a big tall ass hood... yeeeeeeeaaaaaaa

she might not get tittys this year if we keep talking about this hahahahahahah

Last edited: