Does Anyone Know....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dpnut2

Reaction score
How to mod the fog lights to turn them on and keep them on when knob on the dash for the headights is on auto as well, instead of pushin that freakin button all the time?

I was wondering if we can tap into the headlight wires and run same gauge wired from the headlight wires to the fogs to see if that would work or something, anything...:confused2:

Custom73

Reaction score
There is a great tech artcle that explains it. I would recommend doing the 4 hi mod too. Turns on the low and high beams when lights are turned to bright - it makes a huge difference! I did this to my '05 Yukon and love it...

In the 2000-2006 section of the forum, click tech articles and find the "How to do the 4 or 6 high mod on an 03-06 full size truck for $3.00" thread and it will tell you everything you need to know. Might want to page through the other tech stuff, lots of good ideas there...

dpnut2

Reaction score
There is a great tech artcle that explains it. I would recommend doing the 4 hi mod too. Turns on the low and high beams when lights are turned to bright - it makes a huge difference! I did this to my '05 Yukon and love it...

In the 2000-2006 section of the forum, click tech articles and find the "How to do the 4 or 6 high mod on an 03-06 full size truck for $3.00" thread and it will tell you everything you need to know. Might want to page through the other tech stuff, lots of good ideas there...

Thanks, I plan on doing this mod.....but that write up is for a mod to have all 4 or 6 lights on at the same time and I would still have to manually turn on my fogs when my low beams are on...what I want....is for the fogs to come on automatically when my low beams come on WITHOUT me pushin the fog light button....

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I plan on doing this mod.....but that write up is for a mod to have all 4 or 6 lights on at the same time and I would still have to manually turn on my fogs when my low beams are on...what I want....is for the fogs to come on automatically when my low beams come on WITHOUT me pushin the fog light button....

alright. Here is what you do. Your fogs will be on when ever your parking lights are on. You go behind the switch and jumper a wire from the switch over to the parking light wire. Simple as that. Its just you have no control over them now and they will be on when ever your orange lights are on. But that means they will be on with just low, or lows and highs.

dpnut2

Reaction score
alright. Here is what you do. Your fogs will be on when ever your parking lights are on. You go behind the switch and jumper a wire from the switch over to the parking light wire. Simple as that. Its just you have no control over them now and they will be on when ever your orange lights are on. But that means they will be on with just low, or lows and highs.

Thank you RT...would you be able to elaborate a lil on this or could you give me a lil more detail on how to do it, maybe a quick step by step...
also, wouldn't I be able to do the same thing in theory jumpin with the headlights instead of the parking light so I may be able to turn them on and off with the button anyway....thanks...

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in Theory I think But, im honstly never done that. So im not sure. Jkmotorsports is the one who did it. Which is where I got my info from.

02cadiHOE

Reaction score
it will work i did it on my 02.
take the dash trim off to excess the headlight switch. pop the switch assembly out to get to the wires behind it. i took a dc meter to find the fog light 12v wire. then i found the 12v wire when the auto lamps are on (took a towel to cover the sensor on the dash to make the autos turn on). then just used some scrap wire to connect the two wires using a 10amp fuse between ofcourse. now the fogs come on all by themselves without hitting the button.

Custom73

Reaction score
I used the jumper diode idea from the tech article and jumped the fogs to the low beam wire and the high beam to the low beam wire. So with low beams I have fogs always. And with high beams I have fogs, low and high lit up. Love it that way. But my fogs are ALWAYS on when the headlights turn on - can't have headlights without fogs. But that doesn't bother me.