26's rub?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rodrign

Reaction score
Hello all, well in my past thread I spoke about lifting the front of my Yukon XL to give it a more leveled stance. Since then I've started to really dig the lowered look therefore interested in a 2/3 drop. Does anyone have experience on a lowered Yukon/Tahoe WITH 26's? Is a 2/3 drop to low for 26's? As it is I already rub when I make sharp turns... Also what the heck is the difference between spindles and springs?? Is one easier than the other to install? :crazy:

chadlewis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 Denali with 26s and a 2/3.

YES it rubs

if you go with a 2/3 get spindles instead of coils

rodrign

Reaction score
Thanks chadlewis. How bad is the rub? Like I said I already rub..is it only in the turns?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
26" rims with a 2/3 drop will def. rub!
That is unless you roll your wheel liners with a heat gun or cut them.
The back should be fine, just not the front.

NASTY GM

Reaction score
Ya 2/3 will rub with 26's and even a little with 24's. I'm 3/4 and it rubbed pretty bad. I cut and trimmed the plastic inner pieces. Now I have just a little rubbing. I can handle a little rubbing for looks :D Go spindles! They ride much better than springs.

rodrign

Reaction score
Thank's guys for the headz up! Hey NASTY GM, do you have pics with you 3/4 drop? I'd love to see pics!

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey NastyGm, click the psot reply link and go down and you'll see "Attach File" section in red, then find your pics and press upload, when they attach then click submit reply and bam it'll be posted.

rney

Reaction score
Ya 2/3 will rub with 26's and even a little with 24's. I'm 3/4 and it rubbed pretty bad. I cut and trimmed the plastic inner pieces. Now I have just a little rubbing. I can handle a little rubbing for looks :D Go spindles! They ride much better than springs.

What 3/4 drop do you have?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He has Belltech, I asked him that before too!

NASTY GM

Reaction score
He has Belltech, I asked him that before too!

Correct :thumbsup:
I bought Belltech 2" front spindles and 4" rear springs. Instead of buying 1" front springs I just cut 1/4 of a coil off the stock front springs. Perfect height for 26's. I'll try again to post some pics :crazy: