SpringTech vs. McGaughys lowering kit ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turboeclips

Reaction score
Hello everyone....

I am looking into dropping my 07 Tahoe with a 2/3 sprindle/coil kit. I have read several threads with people complaining about the McGaughys kits being tooooo bouncy in the rear. Who all on here has any experience with the SpringTech kits?

I have seen a couple of people on here say that the SpringTech is not as bouncy. They are definitely cheaper in price, which makes it tempting.

From what I have seen McGaughys seems to be the most popular kit, which could also explain why some many people have tons of comments on it.

Please share any experiences with SpringTech if you have them.

Thanks in Advance!

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah McGaughy's tends to be them most commonly used kit aboard this forum and yeah again it is the most complaned about mainly bouncy rear ride and noisy front end from spindles are the common complaint.
Springtech is a really affordable kit that I even looked into once upon a time but after thinking its an amost guarantee that their kits aren'y of good quality because ther are extrmely cheap for a kit with spindles.
I suggest Eibach, Belltech, Ground Force and DJM, very high quality products from these people, especially Belltech!

55belairtim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
spring tech product is made in china or tiwan, there spindles are 1.5 inches taller than stock causing alignment issues.
see my comparison page.

http://timssuspensiononline.com/SPINDLECOMPARISON.html
price is always tempting, but reliabilty quality, american profits staying in america should deffinitly outway price. ive got really good prices on mcgaughys product.

55belairtim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my price on a 2/3 kit is 480.00 shipped
i have taken lots of spring tech and bell spindles off a vehicle that dont align properly.
the spring tech springs tend to be stiff also. the mcguahgys coils are wound using the same rate as factory. you see complaints because lots of guys change there wheels and tires ath the same time but dont realize that the tire size will change the ride. my wifes old tahoe was droped 2/3 on factory 17"s road just like stock from brand new till we sold it last year.

Last edited:

55belairtim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah McGaughy's tends to be them most commonly used kit aboard this forum and yeah again it is the most complaned about mainly bouncy rear ride and noisy front end from spindles are the common complaint.
Springtech is a really affordable kit that I even looked into once upon a time but after thinking its an amost guarantee that their kits aren'y of good quality because ther are extrmely cheap for a kit with spindles.
I suggest Eibach, Belltech, Ground Force and DJM, very high quality products from these people, especially Belltech!

the bell spindle and the grond force spindle are the same thing as the spring tech spindle. as for djm they use control arms to drop the vehicle which creates bump steer and alignment issues, than you will end up haveing to spend another 200 on upper control arms to get it to align properly. and the control arms break aswell. i have replaced them before.

55belairtim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have no experience with the eibach kit. if it rides anything like my mustang did with them on it will be stiff as hell.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do know that the McGaughy spindles are really high grade through research but its the coils that I always hear problems about, especially the rear ones.
The front issues I think people have is more of their/installation fault than the product fault!
I would try McGaughys if they had 4" rear coils and 2" drop shocks like Belltech because Belltech stuff is pricy though I plan on maybe using them.

55belairtim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would stay away from them. i run suspension online as a part time business. i am a machinest full time. my good friend was layed off from bell 1.5 yrs ago because they sold all there machines, and sent all the manufacturing processes to china. try doing searches on there kw line of struts, there was a big problem with them not being ground properly, and the struts all failed before 500 miles, then they told people that they were misproperly installed and charged the guys to fix them.
fresno is not a large town and everybody knows everybody. i have known quite a few people to work for them, and lately none of them really like being there.
i know mcgaughys does not make a 4 inch coil. guys are compaling about the springs being to bouncy sounds like there shocks are no good. the springs are supose to be bouncy, the shock is what dampens the bounce. if they put a good set of monroe factory lenght shocks on the rear and used the shock ext instead of using some cheep bell or doestech shocks (not sure on spelling of doestech) shocks the rear would not be bouncy as it is. i know from experience and have fixed this problem before.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I didn't kow all that!
What do you offer for the 07+Tahoe's?
I'm trying to avoid Spindles because I want to install by mself and save money. I plan on Lowering in the summer and buying 24" wheels/tires.

turboeclips

Reaction score

Thats what I am afraid of that since they are cheaper, the quality won't be as good as the McGaughys. From what 55belairtim say's looks like the spindles aren't as much of a direct fit as the McGaughys either. I may look into maybe buying just the McGaughys front spindles and maybe another brand for the coils in the rear to avoid the bouncyness.... That may cost alot more though... so I'll keep researching.

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with Mcguaghy's kit. I have the Mcgaughy 2/3 kit. Go with the popular kit and its a quality kit.