Cranking torsion bars & and body lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

destroyer1362

Reaction score
Does any body know how much I can crank my torsion bars without causing problems with my cv's? And does any one know why a body lift will not fit on a 1999 Denali:confused:? I heard that it has something to do with front bumper bracket being different from the regular model. Is that the only difference?

GPChief

Reaction score
The body lift will work you will just need to make custom brackets for your bumper, tow hooks, & fog lights unless you want to leave the gap between the body and bumpers. Personally I would get the panels that cover the gaps in the wheel wells also.

I would not crank your torsion bars more than two inches based on the limits of steering, shocks, cv joints and you will need to get it realigned also.

I have 2" on my Denali, blocks in the rear and "indexed" keys up front. I also installed 2" longer shocks & braided steel brake lines & a laser alignment after this was installed.

HTH

destroyer1362

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response, and reminding me about the gap guards, I'll be sure to get some of them as well.