Dvd issue ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colemans07tahoe

Reaction score
First off Hello to all. I have two problems, which I think are problems but not sure. So hopefully someone can help.
2007 Tahoe LTZ

1. When I put a DVD in my front unit and vehicle is in park, both screeens play the movie perfectly. When I put it in gear, the front goes off (as for safety) as it should. The back continues to show the movie as normal. Well once I get to my destination and cut the vehicle off and then once I come back to the vehicle and restart and leave, the front will play but the back will not. Put in gear can hear the sound but no picture on either screen. I have pressed everything, done all I know as now a new owner would. The only way I can get it to come back on for the kids in the back is to EJECT DVD AND REINSERT??? Is this normal??? Or is the a known problem with an easy fix. Any info would be great.

colemans07tahoe

Reaction score
I just dropped it off at the dealer since no one on here seems to have had the problem or knows what to do about it. So I will keep everyone posted on it b/c I read last night on fixya.com that someone else had the same exact symptoms, so at least I know maybe I am not as crazy as I thought...... To be continued

glpd74

Reaction score
mine does that to, just thought it was normal. Please let me know what you find out.

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's normal. My Denali does the same thing. What you need to do is use the remote to turn on the screen. That means if you have young kids you'll need to either train them to use the remote or practice yourself doing the contortionist move from the front seat.

The only factory RES I've seen that takes into consideration that people in the back may not be old enough to control the system themselves and gives the driver or front passenger total control without the remote was in a Honda.

colemans07tahoe

Reaction score
Thanks, that is what the dealer said as well. I just won the remote on ebay yesterday, so I am waiting its arrival. I will keep posted, thanks again.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish there was a special storage area/glove box for the headphones and remote.

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The remote at least has a belt clip so it can hang off the front seatback pocket. For the headphones (3 sets) the kids just hang them over the center bench seat in the 2nd row. Otherwise, they fit in the cup holders without moving around too much.

colemans07tahoe

Reaction score
Answer for everyone!

Ok, I got my headphones and remote in the mail today. When I press the power button the rear unit comes on and everything works just fine. This must be a function just in 07 models, b/c in my mothers 08 Escalade the rear unit comes on by itself upon reentry and restart. But never the less it works with the remote by pressing power, as a few had said previously. So now if someone has this same issue here is there answer. Thanks to all that helped!