Lowering help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cruzillo

Reaction score
Hi, I am new here, so my question is about lowering the front of my 1996 Tahoe 2WD, I have a guy selling me some 3 inch lowering coils, has anyone here used that much drop before on coils alone? Any info will be appreciated, the back will be shackles and hangers. Thanks for any help I can get.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There alot of people that have used 3" drop coils on here ranging from your year Tahoe to 09s and are happy with it, the common for front on 00-Up Tahoes/Yukons is 2" coils up front and 3" coils in the rear, but for your year I'm sure any people on here have used 3" coils up front.
Look around and you'll see.:thumbsup:

55belairtim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some trucks with 3 inch coils up front may have alignment issues. best bet is 1 inch coils and 2 inch spindles, vehicle will still ride decent also.
thanks tim
also the 2000-2006 tahoes use torrsion bars up front but the 07+ tahoes use coils.

Cruzillo

Reaction score
THANKS

well thanks for all the help, now I just have to decide what to go with, dont want any problems down the road. thanks again......

2000 limited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
listen to me do the 3 inch lower a-arms from djm.... i haved used them in the past and there great. you keep your factory springs but u need to get shorter shocks... i just ordered this setup up for the tahoe and should be going on in a couple of weeks. and yes perfect alignment:thumbsup: