2/4 drop help!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottrick

Reaction score
okay, so i am writing after like 5 months of on and off research......

here is my delema. i want to lower 2/4 (with spindles up front and springs out back).....

i DONT like the normal 2/3 kits cause the rear still looks higher than the front. the only kit that i have found that is 2/4 is springtech (that uses spindles). and with all of my research, i have found that springtech is a chinese made product and the spindles geometry is very different than OEM. therefore i have been leaning towards the most popular kit McGaughys. But i need to see if i can buy the spindles without the rear kit.......if i can, then i need to find 4" rear springs with shock extenders. the only one that i know of at this point is springtech.

can anyone chime in and tell me all of the 4" rear kits out there and which one has the best ride????

thanks guys. this will help me out a lot.

55belairtim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi
ya ive got the spindles by themselves. i cant speek for spingtech coils since i have never personally riden in a car with them on, but i do know that there stuff is coming from china or tiwan. one question i have is do you have air auto ride on the rear of this truck.
thank you tim

scottrick

Reaction score
oh yeah, i forgot to mention that i do have autoride. and my tahoe has the 6.2L if that matters.....

scottrick

Reaction score
so is belltech and springtech the only ones with a 4" rear spring?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have Autoride then go to StylinTrucks link above and put in your car make and model in the Vehicle box then click on suspension, then Belltech, you'll be getting the 2.5"-3.5" rear PRO coil kit since you have Autoride you can't go lower than 3.5"!

scottrick

Reaction score
Nnaboy

you totally just made my day......it didnt even really dawn on me until just now that the suspension is adjustable from 2.5" to 3.5". that this is a really cool feature and i think that as soon as my tax return $ comes in i am going to order that kit along with McGaughys front spindles!!! unless someone else comes with some better info:)

thanks again

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha my pleasure!
I can assure you that you can find that Belltech coil cheaper somewhere else, StylinTrucks is kind of ex[ensive but I used it as an example so you could get their part number for you Autoride Tahoe.
I suggest you type "Belltech then part number" in the Google when you're ready too roder it and find the cheapest place for them.
Like you I'm goin 4" out bcak because the rake is still to big with a 2/3, so I want 2/3. 3/5 is a little to low for me or I would go McGaughys, too much of a slam up fron and out back.

rney

Reaction score
If you have Autoride then go to StylinTrucks link above and put in your car make and model in the Vehicle box then click on suspension, then Belltech, you'll be getting the 2.5"-3.5" rear PRO coil kit since you have Autoride you can't go lower than 3.5"!

I'm sort of in the same boat of wanting to lower my 07 Tahoe LS 2WD non auto ride either 2/4" or 3/4". What do you application do you recommend for this drop? Thanks in advance.....

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah its ok to mix-match drop kits.
I recommend McGaughy Spindles up front for good comfort and engineering. 55belairtim is a vendor McGaughy parts aboard this forum so contact him for a good price.

scottrick

Reaction score
That is just for the rear.
I would definitely recommend McGaughys front spindles, just because of the popularity and the fact that they keep the same geometry as OEM. and yes you can mix and match different spindles with different springs.

the only time that you MIGHT run into problems is if you got all springs (front and rear) and you bought different company springs for the front than the rear. Companies make springs with different spring weights so if you changed from front to rear, there might be a problem with understeer or oversteer.

as long as you do spindles in the front (which is TOTALLY necessary unless you want to go through tires fast because of alignment problems in the front) it doesnt matter what brand you use from front to back.

hope this helps.

rney

Reaction score
Yeah its ok to mix-match drop kits.
I recommend McGaughy Spindles up front for good comfort and engineering. 55belairtim is a vendor McGaughy parts aboard this forum so contact him for a good price.

Fantastic!! Looks I'll buzz 55belairtim for some 2" McGaughy Spindles for the front and go with Belltech 4" in the rear. This should be a nice even stance right?

I'm going with 24s, so should I get 295/35/24s or 305/35/24s ?? Rubbiing issues?

jonnyenglish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is just for the rear.
I would definitely recommend McGaughys front spindles, just because of the popularity and the fact that they keep the same geometry as OEM. and yes you can mix and match different spindles with different springs.

the only time that you MIGHT run into problems is if you got all springs (front and rear) and you bought different company springs for the front than the rear. Companies make springs with different spring weights so if you changed from front to rear, there might be a problem with understeer or oversteer.

as long as you do spindles in the front (which is TOTALLY necessary unless you want to go through tires fast because of alignment problems in the front) it doesnt matter what brand you use from front to back.

hope this helps.

I have to disagree with the above statement. I have the Pedders drop kit springs and shocks front and rear and my alignment specs are set to O.E. specs +/- .1 of a degree.
Jonathan

rney

Reaction score
I have to disagree with the above statement. I have the Pedders drop kit springs and shocks front and rear and my alignment specs are set to O.E. specs +/- .1 of a degree.
Jonathan

What drop do you have front/rear from Pedders?

jonnyenglish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look for the thread named pederized Burb, there is also a Pedderized tahoe thread too.
2/3 drop sport kit II

Jonathan

rney

Reaction score
Fantastic!! Looks I'll buzz 55belairtim for some 2" McGaughy Spindles for the front and go with Belltech 4" in the rear. This should be a nice even stance right?

I'm going with 24s, so should I get 295/35/24s or 305/35/24s ?? Rubbiing issues?

Ok I just pulled the trigger and order the McGuaghy 2" front spindles and Belltech 4" springs for the rear. Hopefully this will look nice and even once completed.

I still haven't ordered tires yet, so any suggestions on size for this type of drop? I have 24" wheels

Thanks!

scottrick

Reaction score
OH MAN!!!!! i am so excited for you!!!!!

you HAVE to post a BUNCH of pictures once you have this kit on. i have been waiting forever to see a 2/4 drop. belltech makes a 3.5" drop for the rear for autoride (which is what i have) so after seeing yours, i will make the leap too.

as for the tires, my next door neighbor has 24's on his yukon and the tire size IMO is perfect. i will check it out tonight and let you know asap.

congrats on the purchases.

scottrick

Reaction score
not sure if you know this or not, but the xxx/yy/zz means this:

xxx- means how many millimeters wide the tire is (therefore 295=11.61415" and 305=12.00785")

yy- means yy% of the xxx is the height of the sidewall (therefore if you did a 305/35 it would mean that the sidewall height is 35% of the 305) so the side wall would be 106.75mm or 4.2027475"

zz- obviously means the size wheel

if you already know all of this mumbo-jumbo, then just disregard it, just trying to share some knowledge.

.....ill post my neighbors tire size later on tonight!