Oil Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm about ready to do my first change despite the fact that at 4300 miles, the Oil Life indicator says I'm at 51%. Question though. Is there a cover UNDER the engine that has to be removed prior to draining the pan and removing the filter? Any gotchas to look out for?

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm about ready to do my first change despite the fact that at 4300 miles, the Oil Life indicator says I'm at 51%. Question though. Is there a cover UNDER the engine that has to be removed prior to draining the pan and removing the filter? Any gotchas to look out for?

I don't think there is, that's if you are replacing the Oil Filter. I had to remove a cover from an F-150 Truck for my Dad so I can get to the Oil Filter.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score

No cover. If this is first change, recommend getting a filter specific wrench that has provision for 3/8" drive socket wrench as the factory has a very big person put them on. Be sure the engine is warmed up. :thumbsup:

BTW at last check the filter was only available from the dealer for about $4-$5.

Last edited: