Looking to get Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fredr1980

Reaction score
Like the title says I'm looking to purchase a Yukon Denali in the 01-06 model year range (like this body style better than the new 07's) and was wondering if anyone has any advice for a "newb". Are there any model year(s) that I should stay away from or should buy, don't want to end up with a "lemon" year which is know for a bad tranny, t-case (awd trucks), axles, engines, electrical problems, etc, etc... Also coming from the off-road scene (currently own a Jeep Grand Cherokee that's quickly becoming less and less street friendly and more off-road oriented, thus the search for a new vehicle) I'm a pretty hands on kind of guy and like modifying my vehicles, so is there any particular year(s) within the 01-06 range that are easier to work on? I'm thinking about doing a 2/3 drop, any adverse effects on doing this? Any input/information that you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Fred R.

Greenage

Reaction score
The only thing I would recommend is to get a 2003 or newer because they updated the interior that year.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Along with the interior, there were also features and options that were not available prior to 03.
Can't say that I know of anything bad to look out for though.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd go '05.

I had an '04 XL Denali that I sold back in December for my '07, and I really liked that vehicle alot. The only thing that I wished it had was the factory touch-screen nav, which I think started on the '05. (Not that you couldn't change it out anyway...) Cooler wheel options in '05 as well. Finally, I know this probably sounds silly, but the cargo net was really nice too. [For '07, there is no cargo net option that I'm aware of for Denali, as there is no place for upper pegs to secure the net - for families, its a nice feature for holdin' all yer crap; we miss it...:(]