replace rear seat belt on 2001 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McLoki

Reaction score
I need to replace the retactor mechanism in the drivers side 2nd row seat in my 2001 Tahoe. Basically it catches like if you pulled the seat belt all the way out and never shuts off.

My question is - how do you remove the trim piece that the seat belt goes into? I can remove the bolt holding the bottom seat belt easy enough - but how do you get the trim piece off? (It appears to be a solid piece from the bottom of the door to the about the rear wheel hump on the inside.)

I did not see any screws holding it in place - are there clips and if so, does it slide up, down, or out?

Thanks,

Michael

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
There should be a screw where the rear cargo cover would attach to. The rest of the panel is clipped on and pulls straight out. You have to remove the door sill trim first. It unsnaps if you pull up, starting on the end. You can then start pulling straight out on the c-pillar trim panel to remove and get to the seat belt retractor. Hope this helps.

McLoki

Reaction score
Finally got the rear seat belts replaced. Thanks for your help - it made all the difference in the world (about 1/2 job not knowing at all what I was doing)

Thanks again,

Michael

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Finally got the rear seat belts replaced. Thanks for your help - it made all the difference in the world (about 1/2 job not knowing at all what I was doing)

Thanks again,

Michael

No problem at all. Glad to hear you got it going.