got a new tahoe on 24s need help with a drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ssandhu1121

Reaction score
So i basically got out of the street racing scene. I use to have a turbo charged honda civic but i decided to go big haha and i got a 2007 Tahoe. Now i just threw some 24s on it but i know nothing about SUV suspension. I want to drop it but im not sure what kind of drop would look good with 24s on the SUV. I was either thinking about a 2 or 3 inch drop on it. I needed help in choosing the best suspension for it where it wouldnt mess my ride up. Could anyone help me with that?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
McGaughys vendor 55Belairtim can.
He sells them for good price, 2/3 is good too.
2" spindles and 3" rear coils!

BOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
McGaughys vendor 55Belairtim can.
He sells them for good price, 2/3 is good too.
2" spindles and 3" rear coils!

I'm not a suspension guy at all but I've done alotta research that tells me to go with McGaughy's. I just bought the 3/5 drop kit from 55Belairtim on this board who is a paid sponsor - outstanding service - just read his posts as he explains the ins/outs of suspension brands etc...great transaction - had them in less than 5 days.

BK

55belairtim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what size tires are you planning to run, also what are you looking for out of the drop,in the weeds or something you can drive everyday.
these are things i need to know so i can get you the best drop possible.
thank you tim
559-824-5289

rney

Reaction score
what size tires are you planning to run, also what are you looking for out of the drop,in the weeds or something you can drive everyday.
these are things i need to know so i can get you the best drop possible.
thank you tim
559-824-5289

I'm in the same boat as ssandhu1121. I seen 2/3" drops on 07 Tahoe's and want to go lower in the back to level it out. 2" in front the 4" in the rear?? 3/5" or 4/5" drops maybe to low for me.

Recommendations on a drop kit and tire sizes? Some members recommend going with 2"DROP SPINDLES from MCGAUGHY'S and 4" PRO Coil Springs in the Rear from Belltech??

dmsmotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our Pedders set up will work very well, not to mention give you the best ride among all the drop coils. Check us out.

mike
dms

ssandhu1121

Reaction score
i just bought the rims for the truck right now. I am sitting on 24 inch boss wheels. The tire size i got was 305/r24 and they are hankook tires. Im going to be using it for everyday use and want a good lowering kit for it.

jonnyenglish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just bought the rims for the truck right now. I am sitting on 24 inch boss wheels. The tire size i got was 305/r24 and they are hankook tires. Im going to be using it for everyday use and want a good lowering kit for it.

Im running 24's on the Pedders sport kit II 2/3 and its a daily driver, absolutely fine for a D/D. Ohh and by the way mines a Suburban
Good Luck
Jonathan

dmsmotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the Denali that GM paid me to make for them for Sema. They have our Pedders coils with 24s.

7499cfcb15b84c.jpg

If you have any questions, just ask!

thanks
mike
dms

dmsmotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want Vertical Doors :(

the person who purchased my Sema Denali, had the doors removed. LSD makes the best doors on the market for the GM900. But you loose full opening, and the guy is alittle big.

They look cool, but for every day usage, they can get annoying

mike
dms

dmsmotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much do pedders coils cost?

Here is one of our spring kits:

GMT 900 AUTORIDE DROP COILS
1/21/09 MERLIN STORE P/N IS GMT900DROPCOIL
The Pedders drop coils are among the bset made for the new GM Truck. We use more coils than all other springs, and our ride quality is the best in the industry. Expect to see an aproximate 2.5 inch drop front and rear. We cannot stress how good the ride quality is maintained, at the same time giving a significant handling improvement. This Pedders Package is designed for the best handling possible yet keeping the fine quality ride you would expect out of a luxury utiltiy. The suspension drop is approximately 60mm or 2.4 inches in the front and 82mm or 3.28 in the rear for a non level ride
P/N PEDDERS PARTSDESCRIPTION PRICE
2422 GMT 900 Self Leveling Lowering Coils Front drop 2.4 / 60mm $82.48
2422 GMT 900 Self Leveling Lowering Coils Front drop 2.4 / 60mm $82.48
2425 GMT900 Lowering Coils Rear including standard(Drop 3.28 / 82mm) and self-leveling dampers (Drop 2.36 / 59mm) $82.48
2425 GMT900 Lowering Coils Rear including standard(Drop 3.28 / 82mm) and self-leveling dampers (Drop 2.36 / 59mm) $82.48
4363 GMT 900 Front Bump Stop $23.23
4364 GMT 900 Rear Bump Stop $23.23

Pedders GMT 900 Autoride Drop Parts List $376.38
PEDDERS SYSTEM DISCOUNT $76.39
DISCOUNTED PARTS TOTAL $299.99

Now this is the kit for autoride coils. Without autoride cois, we use the 2424 coils instead of 2422 coils. Price is still $299.99

If you need assistance, just ask

thanks
mike
dms

kmg3773

Reaction score
But I heard that spindles make the ride much better.. I have boss 333's, with 305/35/24 on them.. I want to put a 2/3 mcgaughy kit b/c of the spindles. Which kit would be better, the all coils pedders kit or the mcgaughy 30008 kit??

dmsmotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But I heard that spindles make the ride much better.. I have boss 333's, with 305/35/24 on them.. I want to put a 2/3 mcgaughy kit b/c of the spindles. Which kit would be better, the all coils pedders kit or the mcgaughy 30008 kit??

Hey, the McGaughy kit is good. So if you really want it, then do it.

mike
dms

LuSt4Boost

Reaction score
So i basically got out of the street racing scene. I use to have a turbo charged honda civic but i decided to go big haha and i got a 2007 Tahoe. Now i just threw some 24s on it but i know nothing about SUV suspension. I want to drop it but im not sure what kind of drop would look good with 24s on the SUV. I was either thinking about a 2 or 3 inch drop on it. I needed help in choosing the best suspension for it where it wouldnt mess my ride up. Could anyone help me with that?

I just got out of the street racing scene too. Well, not really a street racing, but often went to the spots and watched. I sold my turbo teg a couple months ago, but I bought my Tahoe the beginning of '08. I sold my turbo nissan right before getting the Tahoe. I'm trying to fight the modding bug, but eventually, I know it'll get the best of me again. I love the look of a dropped Tahoe on 24s/26s:10s:.