LED Bulbs in stock light assemblies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully replaced the standard incandescent light bulbs in the taillights and headlights with LEDs? I think it'd look quite cool, and would give an additional custom look to the vehicle. I know I could replace the taillights with LED assemblies, but the stock tails have "grown" on me. Any information would be appreciated from someone who's got some experience with this... I'm looking at http://www.autolumination.com/ and I know I really need to do my homework w/ the bulb cross-reference info before I order and attempt anything.

I'm just looking for any general advice / words of wisdom before I begin and fry my electrical system or something, as well as any Yukon Denali specific tips you might have. [I tried this on another vehicle with LED replacement bulbs and kept blowing fuses, and finally gave up for fear of killing the electrical bus...]

Thanks in advance for any help!

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a duplicate thread...

...I used search and got NO hits on "LED". But some browsing indicates lots of posts (which I'd expect) with the string "LED" in either the title or body. WASSUPWIDAT?!?!? :confused:

jazejeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have led on my daytime running lights ,reverse lights and all my interior bulbs have been replaced with led and no problems what so ever!

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the links!

I'll have a look at the light assemblies tomorrow or something to see how hard they are to remove, and start w/ the cross-reference chart and see what LED assemblies look like they'd be worth checking out.

So, no issues with blowing fuses, or polarity reversal killing bulbs or anything? I just don't want to go order some cool bulbs and wind up killing them or damaging my truck like I did my other vehicle... Sorry if I sound overly paranoid.

Thanks!