'04 Yukon Power Seat Adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crawn

Reaction score
Is anyone having a problem with Yukon driver's power seat adjustment electronics and gears going out. I've a '04 Yukon. At 40K miles the power seat adjustment gears (driver's side) started growling and at 45 K miles went out entirely. The dealer split the cost on it but was still about $400 out of my pocket. Now at 52K miles I'm getting the same growling from the gears when the driver's seat is adjusted, which is every time I open / close the door and pull the key out of the ignition. Thanks for any comments.

brdnboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any idea how much labor is involved with this? How many hours did the dealer charge you, and at what rate? I have to replace this same part and don't want to get burned.

Crawn

Reaction score
It wasn't cheap. I'd have to dig a bit to get the exact cost but all together the charge was about $1,000 of which they split with me. That replacement only lasted about 9 months so the gears are stripped again. I've now just left the position numbers 1 or 2 synced the same as exit. That is the seat is "fixed" and does not move to the courtesy "get out" position. Please let me know what you bump into.