lmao

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stock coils vs djm 5" :smilielol:
IMG_0177.jpg

sschrader

Reaction score
Wow! And I thought my 3" coils were way shorter. Can't wait to see pics of it.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LoL thats a big difference, rides probably a huge difference!

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the same pics next to my old 3" springs.. and yes, there is DEFINITELY a "difference" in the ride... but it looks good/

m0bmentality

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the same pics next to my old 3" springs.. and yes, there is DEFINITELY a "difference" in the ride... but it looks good/

while you have them out can you get me a total unloaded height on the djm spring... i have the same ones and am thinking of doing rear bags and need to find out how much room i have exactly so i can put my optinal ride height at -7

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the djm springs can eat sh*t and die in a fire. After installing the new coils and removing the isolators (I thought I already had for some reason) the truck was only 1/2" lower. Djm is a bunch of busters for not using progressive rate coils, I put my belltechs back in and now I'm officially 2/5 drop with the rear fenders at 33". Belltech pro 4" coils are the illest springs I've found for these trucks, I may try having some custom made or just bag the bitch already. What a waste of my time.

m0bmentality

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the djm springs can eat sh*t and die in a fire. After installing the new coils and removing the isolators (I thought I already had for some reason) the truck was only 1/2" lower. Djm is a bunch of busters for not using progressive rate coils, I put my belltechs back in and now I'm officially 2/5 drop with the rear fenders at 33". Belltech pro 4" coils are the illest springs I've found for these trucks, I may try having some custom made or just bag the bitch already. What a waste of my time.

airbaggit.com set it and forget it kit.. $297 shipped..

weld in brackets (super easy to do any muffler shop will do it for you) 2500# bags and a line kit with adapters for a regular air hose.

Set it to the height you want at the gas station of your choice and ride out. Will ride better and sit where you want it... AND... you can adjust it stiffer if you add more system or are road tripping it.. AND you can upgrade it to an on board setup down the road.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know all about bags, I've bagged a dozen trucks. I also have a shop with plasma cutter and welders, it's just finding the motivation to cut up a $20k truck. It'll have bags with twin viair 480s and Dakota Digital air management. I need to get a house first tho.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More parts accumulating in the garage. Now I have msd wires, new plugs (ngk tr55), AEM longtube headers, belltech spindles, rear shocks, and hopefully some new subs in the next week or so. Still have to order gaskets for the headers but I'm gonna try to put them on this weekend...they'll be open until I have a new exhaust built :D

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like you are going to have some work ahead of you in the near future

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
naw it's all easy stuff. hour or two on the headers, 20 min on the plugs and wires. I'd really like to glass a new enclosure for the fresh subs but I don't have enough room in my current house. I think I'll have my buddy build another simple wedge with stash box like my current enclosure, still gotta wire up my 1/2din eclipse eq too.

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More parts accumulating in the garage. Now I have msd wires, new plugs (ngk tr55), AEM longtube headers, belltech spindles, rear shocks, and hopefully some new subs in the next week or so. Still have to order gaskets for the headers but I'm gonna try to put them on this weekend...they'll be open until I have a new exhaust built :D

Whats the plan for the new exhaust ?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Custom y-pipe off the longtubes with no cats, keep my muffler, dump exhaust above the rear bumper with the tip facing down. I'll put a glasspack on if it's obnoxious but I think it will be nice and low. Spindles will go on once I buy tie rods, pitman/idler arms, and the cognito steering braces.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lowering does not seem to be working out for you. How about we go the other way. 6" lift. 35s. The works. :cool2::smilielol:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meh I'd rather drop this thing that lift it, 6" on 35s is fvcking weak I'd solid axle it on 40s and 22s if I was gonna lift it. I drove my buddy's stock denali with oem 20s the other day and it rode just like mine, I'm sure I will get it to a 5/7 drop without sacrificing ride quality.