fender flares installed??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazyhoe

Reaction score
did anybody install fender flares?? does it hold up with the 3m tape on them or should I also put the screws with it to make sure they wont fall off?? thanks! just got them today!!

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you prep the surface real good, that 3m tape will stick awesome, 3m is a great product.

crazyhoe

Reaction score
fenders installed

Thanks but I took it to be installed , because I wanted done right,it had screws also and I didnt want to miss this up. anyway thanks for your quick reply!!:cool2:

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get your fender flares and how much did they cost you? Been looking for a set of OEM ones for my Yuke. Got any pics?

crazyhoe

Reaction score
yuke2k, how much they charge you for the servo kit installed? or how much should they charge to install it??

crazyhoe

Reaction score
Oh, yeh, they also have the fenders on ebay called Hpautosports for 150.00 with shipping. check it out!!

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yuke2k, how much they charge you for the servo kit installed? or how much should they charge to install it??

I got a steal on all of my trans work. A buddy of mine knows a tech with his own little race shop. We did fluid changes in my trans, t-case, front and rear diff, installed my keys and spacers, and dropped in the vette servo all for $285. :cool2:

I'd say a good price is $60-$80 installed. The part isn't that expensive and depending on the tech, it only takes about 30 minutes to install.

Thanks for the heads up on the flares - post some pics when you get a chance, I'd love to see em installed!

BOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did anybody install fender flares?? does it hold up with the 3m tape on them or should I also put the screws with it to make sure they wont fall off?? thanks! just got them today!!

I just pulled the wide body kit (fender flares) off mine..that 3m tape holds up GOOD! The installer also used some kind of caulk material to seal the plastic to the metal on the outside - just like you would the wood trim around your house. My hoe is white though, not sure if they make a colored caulk material but worth looking into because IMHO it would protect the 3m tape from alot of elements.

BOSS

crazyhoe

Reaction score
Thanks, for the heads up on the servo kit. was it worth it, do you feel the difference on the tranny?

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, for the heads up on the servo kit. was it worth it, do you feel the difference on the tranny?

Yeah, it's pretty noticeable, especially when you get into the pedal a little bit and build up some line pressure. It's not a teeth-rattling shift, but it's definitely firmer. I think it's a great mod, and when I get my BB tune I'm planning on having justin up the line pressure a tad more for everyday driving, and set it totally balls-out "Jenna Shift Mode" for tow/haul. :D

crazyhoe

Reaction score
fenders painted??

No. My hoe is black so I left it with the oem look. how does the black bear work? do you need a lap top or could you buy a pcm from them made ready to installed and how much is it??:confused2:

crazyhoe

Reaction score
Oh yeh, somebody in our gallary said I would have to take the tranny down to put the servo kit on, is that true? is my understanding you dont. or maybe Iam wrong.????

Narco944

Reaction score
ive got a set of oem flares for sale...$175 plus shipping gets them