New Member, Going To Buy 03-04 Denali, Few Q???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowTieBandit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's it going! I'm in search for a White 03-04 Denali. I've always loved these trucks, and now i'm at a point in my life where I need a SUV. I've got some wave runners, so I need a tow vehicle. I've got some mods in mind already, 1 being a 2/3 drop.

Does the 2/3 drop affect the towing capabilities? The wave runners don't weigh much, but due to the height of the trailer you've got to get them pretty far in the water to get them off the trailer. I don't want to go to lauch and have water creeping in my new truck.

And who has the HID headlights you can get on ebay? I've done HID swaps on my previous cars. And I just don't wanna get a housing that leaks. I got some projectors for my bro's I30, and had to send em back cause they fish bowled.

Also, is $25k for a 03 Denali with 43k miles, moon roof, & GM Certified sound like a decent price?

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's a good price for it and it has low miles compared to other ones you might find.

BowTieBandit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's a good price for it and it has low miles compared to other ones you might find.

Thanks! I actually found a 03 White Denali w/ only 33k miles & a moon roof, also GM Certified. Should be about the same price. I'd pay more for a lower mile vehicle of course. I'm going to look at that one on Tuesday. Hopefully it works out. :thumbsup:

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope it does too. I would go with the 33k mile one then. Either way both of these have good miles.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Unless you're backing right up into the water already to launch the runners, the 2/3 drop shouldn't make much of a difference.
As for HIDs, you can get just the HID ballast/bulb system to go into the current factory housings.
Oh yea; and I wish I could find an 03 Denali with low miles that cheap.:thumbsup:

BowTieBandit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you're backing right up into the water already to launch the runners, the 2/3 drop shouldn't make much of a difference.
As for HIDs, you can get just the HID ballast/bulb system to go into the current factory housings.
Oh yea; and I wish I could find an 03 Denali with low miles that cheap.:thumbsup:

Thanks. So far, i've only used a truck to launch the wave runners. Only one time did it get pretty far in the water. Of course the angle of the launch itself has a lot to do with it.

I figured I could just swap out the bulb for HID. I was thinking black housings on a white Denali would look cool. I definately want to eliminate any amber lenses.

I work at a car dealership. I know lots of wholesalers and car buyers. You can pick up a nice 03 Denali at the auction for right around $20-22k. And then after transport fees, smog, safety, certification, and profit of course. Not a lot of white available though, mostly black. I could get a 04 Black one w/ 48k for $24, but I wanna hold out for white.

Thanks for the feedback! :cheers:

BowTieBandit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I think I found the one. A 03 Denali White w/ 44k miles w/ Nav & Moon Roof for $23929+Fees. 1 Owner california car, it was traded in by a 60 yr old guy that bought a new benz. Doesn't get too much beter than that! I'll let you guys know how it goes. I'm going to see it in person tomorrow, hopefully it's as nice as it sounds. :thumbsup:

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds great! This Denali is in good condition if the owner is older and is getting a new Benz.