Rear Lowering Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sxr348

Reaction score
I'm looking to lower the rear on my 02 Tahoe to match the stock front level. What would be the best kit to get to get this close? Should I do shocks while I'm doing this or is it not needed? Just looking to get it done right the first time, so whatever kit is best ill get, don't mind spending a couple extra dollars to do it right. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

55belairtim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what kind of shocks do you have heavy duty light duty or air shocks.
thank you tim

sxr348

Reaction score
Really not sure, what ever came stock on a 02 LS Tahoe. Is there anyway to tell the difference between them?

Thanks

1SEP

Reaction score
Really not sure, what ever came stock on a 02 LS Tahoe. Is there anyway to tell the difference between them?

Thanks

Look at your shocks, if they have a line that plug in them from the rear they'ra air shocks, i believe that HD shocks are like 3" or so. Otherwise i'd say you have light duty ones.

I'd like to do the same and restore the autoride stuff at same time.

55belairtim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi
like 1sep said one is going to look like an air shock, the other is a 3 inch diamater black shock and the other is generally bule and 2 inches in diamater, if you send me a picture i can identify them for you.
thank you tim

Volant1

Reaction score
I bought the belltech springs for the rear it came with shock relocation brackets, my old shocks were fine so I stuck with the OEM

55belairtim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi
1sep
please call or let me know what shock you have in the rear. there are two different kits you can get depends on the shock you have.
thank you tim

sxr348

Reaction score
Checked the shocks and they are light duty.

Thanks
Brian

exxxtrem

Reaction score
the bell tech springs are very soft. so they say 3-4 inch of drop. but because i have a speaker box they dropped another inch. i tow my boat it drops another inch. the djm springs say 5" and stay at 5" drop, very stiff. the belltechs were a better ride. but very unreliable with ride height with weight added