Headlight's defect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rinnybob

Reaction score
:confused: Apparently, after I flipped my high beams on to see better, my headlights went out. I noticed that if I take the headlight switch to the 2nd position, my outside beams worked, but now I have no high beam nor does my high beam indicator show on the dash. I also noticed that the right turn signal flashes rapidly, when I have the headlights on one of the two (2) on settings. I am in the process of ordering replacement lamps for both the turn signal and the headlight lamps. Is it difficult to remove the grill to get the assemblies out? Should I be replacing the headlight switch and is this were my new problem lies?

RonH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all the different things that are happening, I would look at the multifunction switch (turn signal lever) for a short, not at the individual items that are malfunctioning.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removing the grill is very simple, I did it when I replaced my lights with HIDs, there are a few nuts that you can take out on the top, then there will be some "latch" type mechanisms on the bottom by the bumper, these are pretty hard to get to unless you have small hands and arms, but you have to push on the to get the grill to pop out, then of course remove the wires to the lights and the grill will come right off (I may be forgetting something but im pretty sure thats all you have to do). The Running lights (below the headlamps) have four screws that you have to remove before pulling off the grill. Good luck. :Chevy: