can i clear 285's on a Yukon after i cank torsion bars?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goodblasson

Reaction score
Quick question, can I clear 285x75x16 on a stock 01 gmc yukon? I cranked my torsion bars... I need to buy tires tomorrow, any suggestions?

bwilly20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
should be fine, little bit of rubbing when you turn sharp or back-up and turn. nothing a little trimming can't fix.

goodblasson

Reaction score
thanks

trimming what and where? I have aftermarket fender flares.. will this pose a problem? Will it just rub on frame or sway bar?

big_green

Reaction score
yes. you can clear 285/75/16s with no problem if you crank the front torsion bars up... i just did about a week ago and have no problems rubbing or going lock to lock. im runnin nitto terra grapplers. they are 12inches wide as well

bwilly20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
trimming what and where? I have aftermarket fender flares.. will this pose a problem? Will it just rub on frame or sway bar?

nothing that serious, mine just rub on the plasic trim inside the front fender wells, but i'm running 305/40/22s. it only happens when i back up and turn pretty sharp.

00' 323

Reaction score
after a couple of days of them rubbing you will notice the areas that will need to be trimmed though it is kinda funny scaring the hell out of people in parking lots.... okay not that funny but peoples expressions will always get me cracking a smile.

KristinK

Reaction score
Price, UT for work (permanetly Yukon, PA)
cranking your torsion keys up will cause your tures to wear unevenly because they will sit like this.../ \ instead of...| |. Sorry if confusing! That's why I'm getting rid of my torsion keys that leveled the front end to 3" (they are heavy duty & will be for sale cheap in a week or two if anyone is interested!) & going to a 6" suspension lift.