Big Brake Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phatblackhoe

Reaction score
Hey guys, I own a 99 LS with some heavy 22" rims. Has anyone upgraded the brakes on thier tahoe? I'm looking to go with bigger rotors, slotted & drilled. I cant afford Brembos, but I dont want a cheap set either. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im interested in this thread also. the stock discs look too small after a wheel upgrade. I have a 99 denali.

do they make a rear disc cobversion for the 99 Yukon?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I just ordered an upgrade kit for my Tahoe from SSBC. I wanted the 8 piston kit from Brembo, but the fitment template didn't fit because of the way my spokes on my wheels curve in towards the back of the lip. So the only good brakes I could find that would work are from SSBC with upgraded slotted rotors from 12" to 14", 3 piston calipers, and steel braided lines. They make front and rear kits that will fit your 99.
My kit was about $1500 for the front, but I think the earlier year models are a little cheaper. The rear kit is the same price. If you don't want to spend big dollars, then SSBC are the way to go for performance/dollar ratio. And despite the cheaper prices, they are still great brake kits. Don't remember the numbers , but Super Chevy mag had an article a couple years back with this same kit on a truck, and the stopping difference measured in feet was awesome. In my camaro/trans am club, I've rode in two different cars with SSBC brake kits, and one with Baer. The SSBC seemed to stop just as well as the car with the Baer kit.
Check out this site:
SSBC truck brake kits

BARRY ZINN

Reaction score
I know its been awhile but was your 99 an early body or late ?? I have an early body and am looking for frt big brakes