Steering wheel loose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever since new, my LT3 seems to have a slightly loose steering wheel? By loose, I mean VERY slight, but enough that when you grab the top of the wheel, and apply light pressure on it back towards you, you can feel the wheel assembly move? I don't mean the rim of the wheel flexing, I mean it feels like the whole assembly is moving a very small amount...I don't use the wheel to climb in either, don't need any help at 6'3"...

And it's not like I am always tugging on my steering wheel or anything, it just doesn't take much to feel this movement...I feel it every time I drive it...anyone else experience this? I'll be taking her in for her first oil change (got three free when I got the Hoe) soon, so I plan on mentioning it to them. I've had my Grant steering wheel come loose on my K5 Blazer before, but that was easy to fix!

Is mine just special, or has anyone else noticed this? If so, did dealer fix? I'd imagine a quick turn of the wrench would fix it, but I have no desire to fool with the airbags and all of that... :) Just feels like maybe it wasn't torqued down all the way?