how low can i go ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pabloe25

Reaction score
i am new to this forum and would like some advice before i purchase my drop kit. i have a 2007 tahoe, 2wd, 22" wheels. do they make a mcgaughys 4-6 drop kit and will it work with out rubbing too much? i would like to go as low as possible without an airbag kit. i dont mind heating up the fenders wells if i have to, but i often have 4 or 5 people in my ride at times and am concerned about it rubbing too much when it is weighted down. any advice or pic's of a 4-6 drop with 22's would be appreciated. thanks.

jonnyenglish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4-6 is a very big drop on 22's, especially if youre going to be loaded with people. Im dropped on a 2-3 and still want to be functional with regard to load carrying. You will rub for sure its just the amount I can't comment on, I would imagine quite a lot.
Best of luck
Jonathan

pabloe25

Reaction score
thats what i was afraid of. i was kinda thinking that 4-5 drop with 22's should be o.k. cause most people seem to have 24's and a 2-3 drop. i was hoping the smaller wheel size would allow for more drop. i checked out the 4-5 drop on the 07 sema tahoe and it looks good. i am just wondering how bad it will rub. thanks for the info.

Last edited:

pabloe25

Reaction score
how low can i go?

talked to tim today of timssuspensiononline and i ordered the 3-5 drop kit.
i have 305/40/22 tires and he and i both thought this would be best. i also ordered the airbag helper kit for the rear because i do have a full load in the tahoe sometimes(family of 5). tim was a wealth of information and i really appreciate the personal service. i cant wait to install it!
thanks tim.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan!
Where did you get the airbag helper kit?

55belairtim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi
he got everything from me. purchased at 130 today and shipped out at 300 same day should have the kit monday. let me know how it goes.
the air bag helpers run about 170. normally for guys on the forum 150.00
thank you tim

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh ok thanks for the reply!
How much are 3"-4" rear drop shocks for these Tahoe's, also is he helper kit easy to install?