How easy is it to take the dash off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bamafutbal

Reaction score
in another post i have a pic of a crack in my dash. on a hot day it will pull back together almost perfect. was thinking one saturday to take the dash off, glue it from underneath the dash as to not see the glue stain and then put it back on. i am sure it would work if i can figure out how to get it off
2007 tahoe ltz, ebony color dash

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look, that piece wraps down and around the front, tucking in behind lots of other dash pieces. I'm thinking that you'll have a lot of things to remove prior to being able to remove that piece. Looks involved. No doubt someone has done it, though, so it'll be interesting to see exactly how long it took.

CodeB4U

Reaction score
I can take one out and put a new one in within the hour. If i don't get bothered i can get it done in less then 45 mins.

Only tools i use is, Pocket screwdriver, a flat bladed plastic bar, 7mm socket, 10mm socket, torx bit.

flynn78us

Reaction score
I found the replacement for 250 or 300 on gmpartsdirect.com. Smae thing happened on my Avalanche LT3 or 3LT whatever it is.I know it was common on the first run of these but not sure on the 08's and such. hopefully not since I just traded my 07 Avalanche for an 08 Tahoe