Infinity speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoliO

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Tahoe with the Bose stereo. I am going to upgrade my stereo soon. Just wondering what ppl think about Infinity Reference speakers. They seem to be fairly reasonably priced. Will the 6 1/2" drop right in the doors? I don't want to spend too much money so I was just thinking of just replacing the 4 door speakers with some co-ax's and keep using the stock tweeters on the pillars.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
The infinity Reference series are not bad for the price. The 6 1/2" will fit, but because the factory speakers are held in place with tabs, you will have to use self-tapping screws to mount the new speakers.

RoliO

Reaction score
The infinity Reference series are not bad for the price. The 6 1/2" will fit, but because the factory speakers are held in place with tabs, you will have to use self-tapping screws to mount the new speakers.

Thanks! Do you recommend something else in the $100 range that sounds good?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Thanks! Do you recommend something else in the $100 range that sounds good?

In that price range, I would stick with Infinity. I have the Reference line in two of my cars, and the Infinity Kappa components with Alpine amps in my Tahoe. They sound nice. Of course, if you spend a little more money, there are better speakers out there like Focal and MB Quart. But for the $100 price range, you can't go wrong with the Infinity Reference. You can also check out the Alpine Type S coaxs for about the same price. They are pretty decent also.