Best spark plug for 2006 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomer1

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a GMC Yukon SLE 4.8 L Inj 8 Cyl 2WD, 2006 , with over 30.000 miles it has a slight rough idle so i think it's the plugs.. witch spark plugs are the best and witch gap #

Thanks all,

boomer1:thumbsup:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Bosch Platinum +2 or pretty much any platinum or iridium plugs. Try cleaning the inside of your throttle body, particularly around the inside of the bore where the butterfly seals and the small bypass passage in the inside upper left corner in front of the plate and see if that helps your idle issue.

boomer1

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply JK,

I will go with a Bosch Platinum +2, Are they pre gaped,, if not what gap works best,, also i'll try to clean out the throttle body, will carb cleaner work??

Thanks ,

boomer1:thumbsup:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
The Platinum plug should be pre-gapped.
And to clean the throttle body, get a cleaner that is for throttle bodies. Cleaners strictly for carbs are a little more harsh and aren't made as safe for sensors as cleaners made for throttle bodies/fuel injected vehicles, which is why you see two different types at the stores. And most throttle bodies have a coating on the inside walls of the bores which will sometimes come off with carb cleaner.

serge12345

Reaction score
JKmotorsports

what spark plugs do you consider the best for a 1996 tahoe 2door 5.7 4x4 and what is the calibration for the spark plugs

41racing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AC Delco double platinum. They should come pre gapped at .060 for the 96. On the 06 I'd go with the AC Delco iridum. I personally don't like Bosch, I've had a few problems with them.