Smellin gas HELP!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lil tahoe

Reaction score
So I filled up the ol beast today (at 2.58 a gal thank you very much) and now I can smell gas from the passenger side, im sure you are all aware that the tank fill up is on the driver side, any ideas? I didnt top it off anymore than normal, and of COURSE Im leaving for FL tomorrow morning! Any ideas???

lil tahoe

Reaction score
Well just a little update, of course an hour and a half into our trip we start dumping (yes, dumping) gas. We lost half a tank in 3 minutes. Apparently the fuel line thought it would be a good time to pop off in the middle of nowhere GA! Thankfully my husband and I encountered some very nice local people who offered tools and he dropped the gas tank in the BP parking lot and put the line back on, great way to start a vacation huh???

Life lesson #7832-If you smell gas, dont drive your truck on vacation, take it to the dealership :lol: