power running board option?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeFester

Reaction score
I have the power running boards on my new tahoe. I know that there is a way to disable them so that they dont come out, but is there a way to set them so they stay out all the time?

i like the look of them while driving, but it seems with the power option, its either only when you open your door, or not at all.

is this the case?

DeFester

Reaction score
bump....

its an 08 LTZ

another forum suggested i might be able to disengage fuse box 65?

any other options?

ockevin

Reaction score
If you run them down all the time, you will run the risk of damaging them. They can get caught on a driveway or speed bump. The running boards are not rated for speed and they could sway back and move around. They are not inteneded for this.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
isnt that what that 5th button is for on your dash with the pwr peddles, parking assist, heated washer fluid, it should be there, im not sure what that does, so im guessing its the pwr running boards.

907_smith

Reaction score
Open both your front doors and then after the running boards go down push the button on the dash below the HVAC controls. now they will both stay down untill you push that button again to turn the electric motor's controls on.