02 Denali XL in need of Help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KWIK XL

Reaction score
I've have a steering box issue. Let me list all the things done to get me to this point.

I've replaced:

Pitman Arm
Idler Arm
Upper & Lower Ball Joints
Passenger side Axle
Driver Side Hub

To swap the pitman I had a local shop remove it with heat. I removed the steering box from the truck.

Issue is the shaft on the box that connects to the steering column will not align when wheels and steering wheel is arestraight. Is there a way to adjust the shaft so that it will. I'm looking at moving it a 1/4 turn or less. Moving the pitman arm looks to be way to drastic and potential throwing the radius way off.

Should I be looking at adjusting the toe? I didn't mess with any of the tie-rod However it's the only thing I haven't messed with.

Took truck for an alignment once back together and shop(different from mention above) wanted to remove the pitman arm and charge me $250.00 plus $100.00 for alignment. I'm just not wanting to pay the 250.00 and have them take it off and find out it's not the arm and the toe needs to be adjusted.

Any ideas?? Does anyone have a procedure?