Old Body New Motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about it for a little while, but there are many things you can do with the 5.7. A ton of aftermarket support, and replacement parts are pretty cheap. What are you thinking of stuffing in there?

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I don't buy a new Tahoe I think I am going to put either a Duramax Diesel in there or a LS1 out of a GTO, and if I can find one for a good price I would love to put a LS7 out of the new Corvette Z06 in there. Good Luck! :Chevy:

InMyBigBody

Reaction score
I thought about it for a little while, but there are many things you can do with the 5.7. A ton of aftermarket support, and replacement parts are pretty cheap. What are you thinking of stuffing in there?

Well I have access to a 4.4L LC3 Northstar that I was thinking about dropping in since its just standing in the garage :eek2: lol. . . I put a lot of money into my 5.7 but when I blew a head gasket I didn’t want to just put a new one in so I went for a ZZ4 350 but were going to drop it and put it in my sis truck for the heck of it. And I just wanted something different you know. . . I have a LS1 for my S-10 lol. . . LS7 sound good too haha

Last edited:

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be something to see! You will have some challenges mating that up to a transmission though I would think. Isn't that engine used in FWD Cadillacs? I don't know much about them, except that they are very strong in the higher rpm ranges.

InMyBigBody

Reaction score
its out of a my dads Cadillac XLR-V RWD that someone totalled while it was park on the road

Last edited:

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That kind of sucks for your dad, but his loss is your gain. I hope you kept the wiring harness and cpu from the car.

InMyBigBody

Reaction score
yeah your right my gain lol . . . But when I took it out I pulled everything that I might want to use again :crazy:

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Be sure to document the process. A how-to would be priceless for something like that. And make sure you take lots of pics. :thumbsup: