bose system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Under the center console between the front seats for RPO code UQ7. Behind the driver's side inner rear quarter panel trim for RPO code Y91.
Yours should be under te center console for an '04 model.

Last edited:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
6 1/2". Are you having problems with your system or just thinking about upgrading?

JC150

Reaction score
the bose system sounds great as is and i was going to upgrade to a kenwood touch screen head unit. i was just curious to know if the sub and amp will still work after i upgrade and if it'll sound the same if not better...

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
You can use this interface from Metra: GMOS-04. It will retain your On-Star, RAP, chimes, and Bose system. It will have four RCAs, one for each channel, so it's best to get a deck that will have at least two sets of preouts (front and rear).

RoliO

Reaction score
Under the center console between the front seats for RPO code UQ7. Behind the driver's side inner rear quarter panel trim for RPO code Y91.
Yours should be under te center console for an '04 model.

Why would there be 2 seperate sub locations for Bose systems? I would think they would all be in the same place?

I am going to re-do my entire system in the next few weeks. Just ordered my speakers this week. All are Boston Acoustics
sx60 components for the front
sx65 coax for the rear
G1 10" sub

My system has the sub under the front console. I am going to have everything professionally installed and will ask them to put the sub in the rear area where the jack is. This sub does not require much space so it whould fit there (I hope).

Will power it all with Phoenix Gold Tantrum Amps. The H/U will be a touch screen DVD. I hope it sounds good. :)

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Why would there be 2 seperate sub locations for Bose systems? I would think they would all be in the same place?

Early 2nd gen models were in the rear and later models in the front.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you keep the sub in the center counsel and put another in the back if you get that metra doo-hicky? nothing huge i just want a lil thump when the kiddies arent in the car. and if so can the stock HU adjust the bass level on both?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
can you keep the sub in the center counsel and put another in the back if you get that metra doo-hicky? nothing huge i just want a lil thump when the kiddies arent in the car. and if so can the stock HU adjust the bass level on both?

If you do that, then you will run into phasing problems. The soundwaves of the closer sub will reach you before the rear sub. This is more of a concern with lower frequencies from subs because the wavelength is much longer than higher frequencies. Depending on the distance of the subs and frequency, you'll either lose output due to cancellation of soundwaves or not see much increase at all. You'll be better off with just a setup in the rear or upgrading the factory sub in the center console with a slightly more powerful amp.

inatahoe

Reaction score
2001 Tahoe LT Speakers (Let me jump in here...)

Hi there -

I have a 2001 Tahoe LT with the factory stereo. I just replaced all 4 door speakers and although this model has the subwoofer in the back, I haven't upgraded it yet.

With the stereo on, I barely notice the subwoofer. So I have a few questions:

1. The new door speakers would like a little more juice to sound clearer and louder, of course. It is difficult to install an amp to the stock head unit?

2. Is there any volume or crossover adjustment on the stock subwoofer?

3. If I replace the stock subwoofer speaker with another, should I add a small amp to it so I can get more out of it?

Thanks - any feedback is appreciated.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Hi there -
1. The new door speakers would like a little more juice to sound clearer and louder, of course. It is difficult to install an amp to the stock head unit?

2. Is there any volume or crossover adjustment on the stock subwoofer?

3. If I replace the stock subwoofer speaker with another, should I add a small amp to it so I can get more out of it?

1. You can integrate into the factory radio by using a line out convertor wired into the speaker outputs of the deck. This will take the high voltage audio signal and convert them to a low voltage signal for an aftermarket amp through a set of RCA outputs. This is normally not too difficult of a task.

2.There is no xover or gain adjustment on the factory sub amp.

3.Definitely add an aftermarket amp if you are going to upgrade your sub. The factory amp does not provide nearly enough power to realize the full potential of an aftermarket sub. You will also get much less distortion and more volume with a more powerful amp.