2000 tahoe replacement radio w/ sirius

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevincw01

Reaction score
Looking to replace a friend's factory (non-bose) factory radio with a sirius capable unit. He's interested in a clean look so if possible I'd like to find a factory radio from a later model one and install it but I'm not sure that's possible. The radio looks to be double DIN (4x8"). If it's not possible to use a later model radio, can I just buy a double DIN aftermarket? Any suggestions, tips? Thanks for your help.

-Kevin

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
What year is the truck you are working on? Double DIN radios weren't introduced into the Tahoes/Yuks until 03. You can fit a dbl DIN in the previous models, but you'll have to modify the dash trim and mounts. And 03-up used the class II harness, so you'll have to do some re-wiring as well if you use a factory unit. But if you are interchanging between 03-06, you shouldn't have a problem.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
The 1.5 will fit much easier. And unless you are going to refab and refinish the dash trim, that will look better than just trimming and trying to fit in a dbl din.