60/40 rear seats.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

luznuts

Reaction score
i have a 1997 tahoe, and i cannot get the 60 side of a 60/40 rear seat to fold down. I can get the 40 side to go down and up but the 60, just won't budge. I have referred to the the manual, and it says to pull or turn the latch, however i can't seem to find the latch near the seat. could the latch be somewhere else, im not looking at?

any help here would be appreciated!

RonH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't say whether you have a 2 door or 4 door model. The operation is different.

On the 2 door model, there should be a "release" at the bottom of the seat cushion that you pull out to release the seat cusion and back.

On the 4 door model, there should be a loop on the top rear of the seat cushion that you pull up on to bring the rear of the seat cushion up and over toward the front. Then the seat back is folded down flat.

the 18th letter

Reaction score
What if the loop is broken??

My latch pull broke off at the base inside the seat.. I have the 4 door What can I POSSIIBLY do?

Last edited:

YukonMud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to say that the latch is probably there, but the little piece of plastic came off or the entire piece broke off.

My parents had this issue with their 97 suburban and I was able to move the seat up/down with some needle nose pliers.

As to fixing it, I am not sure what you can do. Either remove the seat and take off the cover and create a new one or go to the dealership.

98hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gave up on mine. spent 2 hours messing with it getting more mad by the second. i love my hoe, so I take the good with the bad :) But if you find a "home remedy" let me know!

I do know you can't remove the seat without folding the seat down.

YukonMud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, did not realize that the seats only come out when you fold them down...I'll do some rooting around and let you know if I find anything.