Newbie here. DVD/Navigation question!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Yukon, just ordered another one and this time it has DVD based navigation and rear DVD entertainment set. I asked the salesmen at the dealership if I have my daughter in the backseat watching a movie, can I get directions from the navigation system simultaneously???? They all concurred that If I activate the navigation system, she can't watch a movie. Does anyone have this factory setup? Can you guys confirm that what they said was true? If this is true, then I really don't see a point in oing ahead and ordering this vehicle. Thanks for any light on this topic.

njdominick78

Reaction score
Not true - DVD/Nav question

I was informed of the same thing by my saleperson but that's not the case. The nav DVD is behind the screen and the movie DVD goes in the "CD Player" slot.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
njdominick78 said:
I was informed of the same thing by my saleperson but that's not the case. The nav DVD is behind the screen and the movie DVD goes in the "CD Player" slot.

Awesome brother, thanks. How does the Navi system work out for you? Is it all preset and predetermined locations? Do you get turn by turn info?

njdominick78

Reaction score
Awesome Nav

The nav system works great - it's all turn-by-turn. I had a nav system on my previous truck and I was hoping this Chevy version was just as good - which it is actually MUCH BETTER!!

I'll never get another vehicle without a nav system.

VT-LTZ

Reaction score
Another Newbie, Another Navigation Question

Just picked up my new black LTZ today (it's awesome) and have a quick question regarding the nav/gps.

Is it spot on for everybody? Mine shows the car on parallel streets, or like 1/8 mile off, like in the lake not even on a street... Is there something I have to do to calibrate it? Or is it because I'm not in a major city (I'm in Burlington,VT)?

thanks!

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. It should be spot on. It can take a fairly long time (hours) to synch up with enuf sats to get calibrated tho. Leave it outside for awhile and see if that helps.

Great color BTW.

VT-LTZ

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, you were 100% correct, it did calibrate/fix itself after a few hours. Just returned from an Easter roadtrip, I was amazed on how well it worked.

Andy4639

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nav VS DVD

I have a LTZ Tahoe with both and you can watch the DVD while the nav is working.
The DVD doesn't play in the front unless the vehicle is in park. My son loves the fact he can listen to his music or watch a dvd while I listen to my music while driving.
The only draw back is you can't get the multi playing disc changer with the nav system. Single cd or dvd is all they offer. Even the backup camera will operate with the dvd playing.

61_07Tahoe_1.jpg