Volant Intake Installation Note on 6.2L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All,

In light of my recent service issue, I'm posting this note re: Volant Intake installation.

The dealer indicated to me today that there is a vacuum port that is usually blocked off by the factory intake kit on the upper part of the intake plenum. I've attached an image here. The port in question is seen in the dead center of this photo (Vortec cover removed, obviously), with the black rubber cap on it now. This was contributing to a MAF issue with my intake in addition to an un-noticed small hole in the main tube due to a casting problem. I personally don't see how the factory intake "plugs" or otherwise restricts this cap even with the ridiculous lobe that sits atop the plenum, but you may wanna check and make sure your cap is on there anyway. [It is also possible that I just knocked it off during the installation and didn't realize it.]

Click image to enlarge

If you've installed a Volant Intake 15253 kit on the 6.2L engine, please check this port, and if it's not capped, you should spend a couple bucks and go pick up a cap from your local parts store and jam it on there. Good luck!

Last edited: