My 96 puts out 65Â degree air.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jetfxr27

Reaction score
Does anyone know the correct pressure and quantity for my system.

jetfxr27

Reaction score
Looks like the compressor is leaking. Whats that gonna ost?

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's impossible to tell you what it will cost with that description. If it's just a matter of fixing a leak, it shoulldn't cost much. If they have to replace the compressor, that's big bucks. At least $1000 if you have a repair shop do it. Best thing to do would be to take it in and get an estimate of the repair costs. good luck with it.

RonH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cost depends a lot on where you live and what is the labor rate. You can buy a kit online with a brand new compressor, accumulator, and orifice tube for something like $300 to $500, depending on the year. Your mechanic can get it for the same or less wholesale. Unless he's putting a tremendous markup on the parts and then also charging you labor, the repair bill should not be anywhere near $1000. If he is, you need to be shopping.

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it depends on the area. But don't tell me it shouldn't cost anywhere near $1000 to replace the compressor. I had a compressor replaced on my 94 Eagle Vision I owned a few years ago, and the repair bill was over $1200. Sure, if you have the parts and replace it yourself, it will cost much less. But most people lack the knowledge and tools to work on a refrigeration system. And a shop will charge you labor. That's great for you if you know someone who can do it for less, but for most people, if a shop does the work, it will be expen$ive.

jetfxr27

Reaction score
How about FREE!
The guy I bought from had a lifetime warranty on the compressor.
The Dealership honored it. New compressor and orifice tube. I sprung for a new dryer. $147 I have a completely new system.
the compressor was leaking at the front.

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! It's good to hear that at least some dealerships believe in customer support.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's impossible to tell you what it will cost with that description. If it's just a matter of fixing a leak, it shoulldn't cost much. If they have to replace the compressor, that's big bucks. At least $1000 if you have a repair shop do it. Best thing to do would be to take it in and get an estimate of the repair costs. good luck with it.

i had to replace my compressor on my 1999 suburban cost me 1800 tax labor and parts. i put a completly new system in.